Shopping in Yorkshire has never been so good. All styles, tastes and budgets are catered for, with everything from large shopping centres and outlets, through high end boutiques, to markets, arts and craft centres, vintage and one-off, independent shops on offer.
Here’s just a few of Yorkshire’s shopping highlights:
- Dubbed ‘the Knightsbridge of the North’ Leeds offers a truly stylish shopping experience. Its prestigious Victoria Quarter, a historic and ornate shopping arcade, houses the first Harvey Nichols store to be located outside London. Incredibly, there are over 1,000 shops in the city centre, and 5 miles of shopping streets providing a huge range of specialist shops.
- Trinity Leeds is the city’s newest and biggest shopping and leisure destination with over 120 shops, cafes, bars, restaurants and is home to the only Everyman cinema in the north of England … a must visit for all film lovers. Trinity Leeds has been named one of the UK’s coolest brands by CoolBrands; the influential annual list of the UK’s coolest brands.
- Leeds is also home to Kirkgate Market – established in 1857 and Europe’s largest covered market with hundreds of stalls selling everything from the mundane to the exotic, including fresh food and drink, fashion, jewellery, flowers, hardware and haberdashery.
- Meadowhall, just outside Sheffield, was Europe’s largest shopping and leisure complex when it was built in 1990. It’s still the biggest shopping centre in the region, and offers something for everyone with its 280 stores. It attracts over 400,000 people every week, is easy to get to on the bus, tram and train from around the region, and even has a helipad for the rich and famous.
- Bombay Stores in Bradford is the UK's largest Asian department store. Established in 1967, it’s pioneered Indian fashion with 40 years’ experience and an in-depth understanding of the Asian fashion market.
- The Shambles in York was voted this year’s winner of Google’s most picturesque street in England. Dating back over 900 years, the Shamble’s cobbled streets and historic, medieval buildings provide a wonderful place to shop.